Gay man reveals he was forced by his in-laws to dress up as a woman on his wedding because they didn't want guests to know their son is Gay (Photos) - SNoted

Breaking News

Gay man reveals he was forced by his in-laws to dress up as a woman on his wedding because they didn't want guests to know their son is Gay (Photos)




A Gay man has revealed how his in-laws who couldn't accept that their son was gay made him dress up in bridal clothes and pose as their son's bride on their wedding day.
Roy Singh, 29, from Manchester met his future ­husband when he was 18 at a family wedding and moved in with his partner's family members after lying to his parents that he was moving to
London for work.
He recalled: “He started singing love songs to me and told me I had a beautiful smile. Later he made a move and we kissed.”
According to him, they started dating in secret as Roy was afraid his own Sikh family would disown him if they found out.
He said: “Two years later he asked me to marry him. I thought this was my very own fairytale love story.”
Days later Roy received a call from his future mother-in-law.
“We met up on our own,” he explained. “It was the first time I’d met her. She said I was very good-looking and her son had chosen well.
“But she told me that she comes from a big Indian family and there’s a lot of honour involved. She said if I wanted to marry him I would have to dress as a woman on the wedding day. I would also need to pretend to be a woman for a while to convince the community her son isn’t gay.”
He added: “I was gobsmacked. I thought, ‘How did that even come into her head?’ She had even brought a basket of women’s clothes and gold bracelets with her.”
He continued: 'Me and his mum would go shopping for the wedding and she would tell me I was going to be her best friend.




No comments